On March 5, 2017, iCON (the interCultural Online Health Network) will host a free South Asian Health forum entitled Healthy and Happy Living at Home. This forum will expand on the theme of healthy aging to promote healthy living, falls and injury prevention, chronic disease management, and community support services.
As the population ages, people are at greater risk for developing chronic diseases and conditions. Living with chronic conditions as well as age-related health problems can significantly impact quality of life and puts increasing strain on hospitals and our health care system. Addressing preventable chronic diseases and promoting healthy lifestyles in our senior populations as well as supporting family caregivers in providing care will be crucial to optimizing the health of British Columbians.
The upcoming South Asian health forum will support seniors and their families in maintaining independence and living “Healthy @ Home.” Through presentations health experts will share strategies to help seniors and caregivers optimize their quality of life by empowering them with the tools to maintain physical and mental wellness.
|When:||Sunday, March 5, 2017 from 11:00 am – 3:30 pm|
|Open House Period:||11:00 am – 12:00 pm featuring health information booths|
|Health Forum:||12:00 pm – 3:30 pm featuring presentations with South Asian community|
|Who:||Punjabi speaking seniors and caregivers – everyone is welcome!|
|Where:||Grand Taj Banquet Hall, 8388 128 Street, Surrey, BC, V3W 4G2|
Register in advance to secure your spot!
Our team of health experts will share the latest information on:
- Managing chronic disease, diet and medications.
- Falls prevention and mental wellness tips for seniors.
- How to access community supports and services, and online resources.
- Caregiver strategies to support aging family members while maintaining own health and wellness.
- Free admission and parking (depending on availability)
- Health information booths hosted by community organizations
- Presented in Punjabi with simultaneous interpretation in English
- Opportunity to ask your questions and network with other attendees
- Light refreshments will be provided